The Olive College of Learning was founded by Sastri and Fay Ramiah, Co Founders of the Olive Group.
The Olive Group commenced operations over 25 years ago and now incorporates the following companies:
– Olive Business Solutions: A firm of Chartered Management Accountants and Chartered Accountants
– Olive Convention Centre: A large scale Conference and Convention Centre servicing the MICE industry locally and globally
– Durban Ice Arena: An International Spec Ice Rink and Sports Arena
– Olive Convention Services: A large scale food and beverage arm of the Olive Group
– Olive Financial Solutions: Financial Services and Banking services, a Registered Financial Service Provider
– Olive Marketing: A property development company and import/ exports trader.
– Global Innovation and Technology Centre: An incubation hub for starts up and shared services for new entrants into South Africa and Africa.
The founders of the Olive Group have a core value of initiating opportunities and projects that will leave a profound and lasting impact on Society at large. Olive entities have a key focus of trading locally and Internationally with a Key Goal of accelerating trade in African Countries. The Olive College of Learning is a learning Institution with an evolving curriculum. We understand that the nature of Education and Learning is changing on a consistent basis and learning materials and teaching methods need to be current, relevant, adaptive and forward thinking. Learning platforms will be positioned to have high impact (especially in Africa) and technology and innovation will be a key driver in providing effective learning solutions.
We are located in Durban, South Africa: 81 Somtseu Road.
We are also a partner of an Online Gateway Solution, StudyNext International, that will serve as an entry point to Global Learning Centers and also provide Online Learning.
Our course curriculum is consistently developing and currently has the following key focus areas:
– Personal Well Being:
Course Name: “Personal Wellness”
– Preparing the Youth and Unemployed for the Workplace
Course Name: “Work Readiness”
– Developing Practical Skills of the Youth
Course Name: “Production Technology”
– Preparing Entrepreneurs for the Business World
Course Name: “I am an Entrepreneur”
– Preparing Managers and Leaders to Become Coaches
Course Name: “Personal Coaching”
Courses are presented in modular form (short courses) thus allowing attendees to attend personally relevant modules. Each attendee will receive an attendance certificate per module and a completion certificate once all modules per course are completed. On average each module is covered over one day which includes presentation, lecture and discussion time. Modules are repeated (approximately 10 times over a 10-month period) over a calendar year per the annual timetable.An attendee can complete a full course within 2 months or 1 year.